Wednesday, November 18, 2009

adventure!


The other day I felt like I just couldn't take it anymore, so I went on an adventure.



First, I ate a delicious meal on my favorite plate.
(There are grumpy clouds on the background, but of course they're hiding behind the food.)




I jumped in the car (my car's name is Rudy, by the way) and drove up to Asheville, where Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was playing at a dollar theatre. I hadn't seen it yet but really wanted to, even though I feel like the last several Harry Potter movies have been a disappointment... but that's another story for another time.


The leaves were just starting to change and it was a beautiful day!







Once I arrived in Asheville I had some time before the movie began, so I found a little coffee shop and made myself at home with an almond-milk hot chocolate.
I sat outside and enjoyed the fresh air whilst attempting to re-create a circular design I had made in church that morning.


It turned out fairly well, but the most lovely thing is that sometimes patterns can be so, so soothing to draw. It's a great way to relax.










After that I explored the surrounding neighborhoods and found many treasures!










Finally it was time to see the movie!





Thanks, Asheville Pizza & Brewing Company.
You're the best with your little red booths and pizza-filled interior.


Full, happy, and brimming with inspiration,
I headed home beneath the gently graying sky.




Thank you, Asheville, for a wonderful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment