Thursday, January 21, 2010

days 23-25




(yummy lavender-scented wooden beads)




(a really beautiful piece of printed cotton cloth... it's so lovely I feel like I should frame it!)






And for the grand finale...


after all the other sweet, beautiful, lovely presents I knew the 25th one would be very special,
but I was expecting something like a kawaii letter set....


but no,







it was







TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!




Words cannot accurately describe how surprised and utterly thrilled I was to receive this.
For someone who treasures Studio Ghibli films close to her heart (as I know many others do), who sees them as beacons of fresh air in the often-moldy world of popular cinema, who proudly identifies herself with Kiki's struggles and cries along with Chihiro and Haku as they fall from the sky, it was a true joy to devote my Boxing Day afternoon to this wonderful concert commemorating the dynamic collaboration between Joe Hisaishi and Hayao Miyazaki.


I laughed, I cried, I sang along.



The following picture doesn't do it much justice, but yes, that is a 400-person chorus and 200-piece orchestra.




I think my favorite part (besides the music, of course) was when Miyazaki walked down and grinningly (is that a word?) handed Hisaishi a bouquet of roses.





So let's all hear it for Shinz and her gift-giving skills!




♥ Thank you again, Shinz!!! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment