Tuesday, December 1, 2009

it arrived!!!




Several months ago, I signed up to participate in this swap.
The idea behind it seemed utterly fantastic... how charming to open a tiny surprise each day of December until Christmas, like a personalized advent calendar!

I was a little bit afraid I wouldn't receive my package by December as it was coming all the way from Malaysia, but my partner timed it perfectly, and to my delight it arrived in the mail today, December 1st.




I don't have a Christmas tree yet (that'll happen later this week, hopefully), so I decided to turn my kitchen windows into a little present-display area. (Sorry the lighting is terrible, it's a very gray sort afternoon over here.)
I swapped the usually green-print curtain for a piece of red fabric and added a few Christmas ornaments to make it a bit more festive.


25 sweet little presents, eagerly awaiting discovery!





Oh, and I also decided I'd take a picture of each gift as soon as I open it... so you can follow along in my discoveries if you'd like. :)




I love it already.


Happy December, everybody!
See you tomorrow with Present #2!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. hey~hey~I love the way you displayed them on the kitchen windows! the photos looked great either!
    please open the cream color (clothes+heart printed wrapping paper) present on December 25th. It's the "big" surprise for you! have fun to unwrap the present daily! <3<3

    shinz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you again SO much, shinz! I will save that present for last! :)

    ReplyDelete