Monday, March 9, 2009

chocolate cheesecake


I've been promising my Monday night illustration class a treat for a while, but today was the first day I actually had the chance to make something, so I decided to make a chocolate cheesecake.
I think this is the first cheesecake I've ever made (it's the first one I ever remember making), so I was quite excited.


After I mixed the batter, I sent the children outside to lick the beaters. I know, I know, raw egg and all that... but I always licked the beaters as a child and was fine, so I think they'll be okay.




When it was cooled I cut it up into slices and stuck strawberry halves on top with melted milk chocolate. I gave some to my sweet neighbor Ophelia (isn't that the best name??) and arranged the rest on plates to take to class. It's going to be a little messy and hard to carry, but it looks (and tastes!) yummy, so it'll be worth it!





I even got my own little stove-top slice!


3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! P.S. I licked the beaters too. Maybe that is what is wrong with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. who didn't lick beaters? The cheesecake looks amazing!!! I LOVE cheesecake, but I've never made a chocolate one. I need to try it...you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was SO easy to make! I used the "chocolate cheesecake II" recipe from Allrecipes.com. The hardest part was making the crust, I couldn't get it to go up the side of the pan like the recipe called for, so I just spread it on the bottom and it turned out just fine. If you make it let me know how it turns out! :)

    ReplyDelete