Monday, March 16, 2009

Pouches again!


My adventure into pouch-making continues! 

I've been having lots of fun stitching up Mabel pouches to include in my Spring inventory, experimenting with different kinds of fabrics and colored zippers. The exteriors are plain muslin that I've drawn on with a black fabric marker, then added a little fabric dress that matches the lining inside. 



All the lining + dress fabrics are from recycled shirts/pants/skirts, which makes me really happy. I like the idea of making something new out of something old, giving it a new life.





As you can see, they're very useful for holding all sorts of objects!


And speaking of recycled materials, I came across these beautiful dishes the other day on the Oh Joy! blog. (Which, incidentally, is an amazing blog, you should bookmark it right now.)
Now that's what I'm talking about! What a way to turn something cast-off into something truly beautiful...

Happy Monday, everyone!
with lots of love from Tabitha


3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Let me know when/where I can get one, and I definitely will :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cheerful little pouches! I also loved the other link with the china.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!! Nice zippering!! I have never put a zipper in a pouch. Maybe I shall try that. :-)

    ReplyDelete